Self-enforcing IP Law: Life after DRM
This project assessed if there is common ground between the various stakeholders that can inform the development of a new generation of computational representations of IP and other legal norms that realize the benefits of DRM without negative side effects.
Project outputs include:
Opening the Black Box: Petri Nets and Privacy by Design (December 2, 2016). (2017) 31(1) International Review of Law, Computers & Technology 68.
A fourth law of robotics? Copyright and the law and ethics of machine co-production, Artificial Intelligence and Law, 2015
- Monkeying Around with Copyright – Animals, AIS and Authorship in Law, E Schweighofer, F Kummer, W Hoetzendorfer (eds) Co-operation, 2015. Also published as CREATe Working Paper 15/2
- Self-enforcing or self-executing? What Computational Copyright can learn from LKIF Transaction Configurations for Eurobonds, CREATe Working Paper Series, 2014, CREATe Working Paper 2014/12
- Report on a computer assisted copyright reform observatory, CREATe Working Paper Series, 2014, CREATe Working Paper 2014/11
- The European Commission’s public consultation on the review of EU copyright rules: a response by the CREATe Centre, European Intellectual Property Review, 2014. Also released as CREATe Working Paper 2014/09
- Creating CoReO, the computer assisted copyright reform observatory, Logic in the Theory and Practice of Lawmaking, 2014
- (Mis)appropriation Art? : Copyright and Data Protection implications of ‘CCTV Sniffing’ as Art, E. Schweighofer, F. Kummer, W. Hoetzendorfer (eds) Abstraktion und Applikation (OCG), 2013. This paper was awarded third in Lexis Nexis Best Paper Award, 23rd February 2013.
Conference papers and talks:
- Coherence in multilingual legal systems, Coherence 2013, Part of ICAIL 2013: XIV International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Law, Rome, Italy, 10th June 2013
- Agent Technologies for the Digital Copyright Exchange, Second International Workshop on Artificial intelligence and intellectual Property Law, Bologna, Italy, 11th December 2013
- Surface detail – reflections on the virtualisation of punishment, Gikii 2014, University of Sussex, Brighton, 2nd September 2014
- #(“copyright” “law”) at:2 put: “code” Computer juridism, copyright law and the juridification debate, IVR-UK Annual Conference, London, UK
- Playing God(s) – Virtual World Creation, Online Spirituality and the Law, The Crag : Creation of Reality workshop series, University of Edinburgh
- Monkeying around with Copyright, IRIS, Salzburg
- A Fourth Law of Robotics? Enforcing Ethical Copyright Compliance in a World Shared with Automata, EPIP 2015, Glasgow
- CREATe All Hands Conference 2015, House for an Art Lover, Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, 15th September 2014 to 16th September 2014
- Identity Lost – electronic identity, digital orphan works and copyright law reform, St Cecilia’s Hall, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, 30th September 2013 to 30th September 2013
- CREATe Researchers Conference and Empirical Capacity Building Event (Edinburgh) , University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, 13th June 2013 to 14th June 2013
- CREATe Launch Event and Inaugural Conference, Glasgow, UK, 31st January 2013 to 1st February 2013
- First International Workshop on AI and IP law AIIP, Amsterdam, 17th December 2012 to 17th December 2012
- Trusting Human Safety to Software What Could Possibly Go Wrong?