This new collection, with leading contributors from around the world, explores the complex, changing relations between IP and the creative industries. The Research Handbook on Intellectual Property and the Creative Industries is edited by two distinguished IP lawyers, Professors Abbe Brown (Aberdeen) and Charlotte Waelde (Coventry).
The opening chapter is by CREATe Deputy Director Philip Schlesinger; ‘Whither the creative economy? Reflections on the European case’. The volume includes contributions from a number of CREATe researchers:
- Intellectual property and creative industries policy in the UK by Kristofer Erickson
- Intellectual property enforcement: empirical consideration of enforcement action by Jane Cornwell
- Visual Arts: Artists’ voices from the field by Smita Kheria
- Appropriating value: on the relationship between business models and intellectual property by Henning Berthold, Melinda Grewar, Shiona Chillas and Barbara Townley
- The hard sell: economics and intellectual property policy in the creative and cultural industries by Nicola Searle
For further details see: https://www.e-elgar.com/shop/research-handbook-on-intellectual-property-and-creative-industries