The initial research programme of the AHRC/EPSRC/ESRC funded CREATe consortium (2012-2017: AH/K000179/1) was delivered across seven interrelated themes.
- Theme 1: Good, Bad and Emergent Business Models
- Theme 2: Openness and Open Business Models
- Theme 3: Regulation and Enforcement
- Theme 4: Creators and Performers: Process and Copyright
- Theme 5: Intermediaries and Platforms
- Theme 6: User Creation, User Behaviour and Community Norms
- Theme 7: Human Rights and Public Interest
From 2013-2015, CREATe undertook a major ESRC funded project (ES/K008137/1) Valuing the Public Domain.
In 2017 CREATe received AHRC Follow-on Funding for Unlocking co-creative possibilities (AH/P013341/1). Key outputs included a Copyright and Innovation Network, and a CREATe/BFI Screening Event on Copyright & Creative Reuse.
From 2018-2023, CREATe leads the workstrand on Intellectual Property, Business Models, Access to Finance and Content Regulation in the new AHRC Creative Industries Policy and Evidence Centre (AH/S001298/1).
The original CREATE Work Packages document (2012) can be downloaded from here.
This online poster exhibition (2014) showcases most of our projects at the mid-term stage.
CREATe also funded a further 23 ‘new funds’ projects from 2014-18 across the UK in response to a call for new research. These were grouped under the original 7 themes, and can be found here.
In addition to its core funding, CREATe also has led and contributed to numerous other projects. These can be found here.