The initial research programme of the AHRC/EPSRC/ESRC funded CREATe consortium (2012-2017: AH/K000179/1) was delivered across seven interrelated themes.
- Theme 1: Good, Bad and Emergent Business Models
- Theme 2: Openness and Open Business Models
- Theme 3: Regulation and Enforcement
- Theme 4: Creators and Performers: Process and Copyright
- Theme 5: Intermediaries and Platforms
- Theme 6: User Creation, User Behaviour and Community Norms
- Theme 7: Human Rights and Public Interest
In 2017-18 CREATe received AHRC Follow-on Funding for Unlocking co-creative possibilities (AH/P013341/1). Key outputs included a Copyright and Innovation Network, and a CREATe/BFI Screening Event on Copyright & Creative Reuse.
From 2018-2023, CREATe will lead the workstrand on Intellectual Property, Business Models, Access to Finance and Content Regulation in the new AHRC Creative Industries Policy and Evidence Centre (AH/S001298/1).
Since 2017, CREATe has been developing a further core strand of work on Open Science.
This included the 2017 summer summit on ‘Open Science and Open Culture’.
The original CREATE Work Packages document (2012) can be downloaded from here.
This online poster exhibition (2014) showcases most of our projects at the mid-term stage.
CREATe also funded a further 23 ‘new funds’ projects from 2014-18 across the UK in response to a call for new research. These were grouped under the original 7 themes, and can be found here.
In addition to its core funding, CREATe also has led and contributed to numerous other projects. These can be found here.