Article 3 Research
Studies, Opinions, and Sources of Data
- Richard Eckart de Castilho et al (2018), A legal perspective on training models for natural language processing, LREC 2018: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/323668123_A_Legal_Perspective_on_Training_Models_for_Natural_Language_Processing
- European Copyright Society (2017), General Opinion on the EU Copyright Reform Package: https://www.ivir.nl/publicaties/download/ECS_opinion_on_EU_copyright_reform.pdf
- Christophe Geiger, Giancarlo Frosio, Oleksandr Bulayenko (2018), The Exception for Text and Data Mining (TDM) in the Proposed Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market, Legal Aspects, Study commissioned by European Parliament, Policy Department for Citizens’ Rights and Constitutional Affairs for JURI Committee (29pp): http://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/IDAN/2018/604941/IPOL_IDA(2018)604941_EN.pdf
- Lucie Guibault, Andreas Wiebe, (Eds.) (2013), Safe to be open. Study on the protection of research data and recommendations for access and usage: http://www.ivir.nl/publicaties/download/1129
- Andreas Wiebe (2017), Protection of industrial data – a new property right for the digital economy?, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Volume 12, Issue 1, January 2017, Pages 62–71, https://academic.oup.com/jiplp/article/12/1/62/2593608.
- Guibault, Lucie, Margoni, Thomas (2015), Legal Aspects of Open Access to Publicly Funded Research, in OECD, Enquiries into Intellectual Property’s Economic Impact, 373-414, http://www.oecd.org/sti/ieconomy/Chapter7-KBC2-IP.pdf
- Christian Handke, Lucie Guibault, andJoan-Josep Vallbé (2015), Is Europe Falling Behind in Data Mining? Copyright’s Impact on Data Mining in Academic Research. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2608513
- Hargreaves, Ian (2011) Digital Opportunity. A Review of Intellectual Property and Growth,http://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/32563/ipreview-finalreport.pdf
- Martin Kretschmer and Thomas Margoni (2018), Data mining: why the EU’s proposed copyright measures get it wrong, The Conversation: http://theconversation.com/data-mining-why-the-eus-proposed-copyright-measures-get-it-wrong-96743
- Thomas Margoni and Martin Kretschmer (2018), The Text and Data Mining exception in the Proposal for a Directive on Copyright in the Digital Single Market: Why it is not what EU copyright law needs. CREATe blog (25/04/18) available at: https://www.create.ac.uk/blog/2018/04/25/why-tdm-exception-copyright-directive-digital-single-market-not-what-eu-copyright-needs/
- Thomas Margoni (2018), Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning and EU copyright law: Who owns AI?, CREATe Working Paper 2018/12 and AIDA, XXVII, 2019, 281-304, https://www.create.ac.uk/artificial-intelligence-machine-learning-and-eu-copyright-law-who-owns-ai/.
- Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition (2017), Position Statement on the Proposed Modernization of European Copyright Rules: Art. 3: https://www.ip.mpg.de/fileadmin/ipmpg/content/stellungnahmen/MPI_Position_Statement_Part_B_Chapter_1_Update23022017.pdf
- OpenMinTeD (2018), TDM Stories: a Text and Data Miner talks about analysing the recent past: http://openminted.eu/tdm-stories-text-data-miner-talks-analysing-recent-past/
- Eleonora Rosati (2018) An EU text and data mining exception for the few: would it make sense?, Journal of Intellectual Property Law & Practice, Volume 13, Issue 6: https://academic.oup.com/jiplp/article/13/6/429/4976465
- Emily Stannard (2015), A Copyright Snapshot: the Impact of New Copyright Legislation on Information Professionals, Legal Information Management, 15(4), 233-239, https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/legal-information-management/article/copyright-snapshot-the-impact-of-new-copyright-legislation-on-information-professionals/D6CD94D24FC4C4F4E8CFDDF0AAA09422
- Guadamuz A., Cabell D., Data mining in UK higher education institutions: law and policy, Queen Mary Journal of Intellectual Property, 2014 Vol. 4. No. 1, 3 – 29.
- Jean-Paul Triaille et al (2014), Study on the legal framework of text and data mining (TDM), De Wolf & Partners for European Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/internal_market/copyright/docs/studies/1403_study2_en.pdf