The British Library is hosting a workshop on the amended Re-use Directive and what it means for university / library sector. As a result of 2013 amendments to the Directive university / publicly funded libraries have to comply with rules of reuse relating to university copyright and their public domain collections. Colleagues from The National
Archives, which is leading on the transposition of the Directive into UK law, will explain:
- the purpose and operation of the Directive;
- the amendments now being made;
- the timetable for transposing the Directive;
- the practical implications of those amendments;
- steps that attendees can take to ready themselves, including consideration of licensing options, procedures for pricing licensed information and defining public task.