Conference concluding the AHRC PEC funded “21 for 21” project, in collaboration with reCreating Europe
The conference will be held at the Advanced Research Centre (ARC), the creative and collaborative heart of interdisciplinary research at the University of Glasgow, 17-18 October 2022
CREATe, the UK Copyright and Creative Economy Centre, hosts a conference concluding the “21 for 21” evidence project in Glasgow, on 17-18 October 2022. This web page provides information about the conference with access to the programme and available conference materials. It is the aim of the conference to establish the “state of the art” of our empirical knowledge relating to copyright law. We adopt a “myth busting” format, structured around 5 propositions, with a focus on discussion.
The conference is part of the work stream on intellectual property, business models, access to finance and content regulation led by the CREATe Centre for the AHRC Creative Industries Policy & Evidence Centre (PEC). Associated with the event will be the General Assembly of the H2020 reCreating Europe project (“Rethinking digital copyright law for a culturally diverse, accessible, creative Europe”) where CREATe leads the creative industries stream. The “21 for 21” project sought to achieve a balanced and close interdisciplinary collaboration between senior and early career academics.
- Project: https://www.create.ac.uk/blog/2021/05/21/copyright-evidence-portal-introducing-the21-for-2021-project/
- Portal: https://www.copyrightevidence.org/
- Wiki: https://www.copyrightevidence.org/wiki/index.php/Copyright_Evidence
- Visualisation tool: https://www.copyrightevidence.org/viz/
- 2012 ESRC symposium: What constitutes evidence for copyright policy?