The School of Law at the University of Glasgow is marking the introduction of the new Common Law Programme with an exciting launch programme on Friday 19 October 2018 from 15:00 – 19:00.
The event starts with a panel session including senior members of the judiciary, practitioners and academics on the tradition and evolution of the common law. Included on the panel is Sir Richard Arnold, who is a member of the CREATe Programme Advisory Council:
- Sir Richard Arnold: https://www.judiciary.uk/publications/mr-justice-arnold/
- Professor David Ormerod: http://www.law.qmul.ac.uk/staff/ormerod.html
- Professor Cally Jordan: https://law.unimelb.edu.au/about/staff/cally-jordan
- Sir William Blair: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Blair_(judge)
- Professor John Cairns: http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/people/johnwcairns
- Dr Julian Farrand QC
- Panel Chair: Professor Andreas Rahmatian
Lady Hale will give the keynote address at 4.30pm and the event will be followed by a drinks reception.
Register for the event: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/common-law-launch-registration-50533838070