The deadline is approaching for the submission of papers to the 13th Annual European Policy for Intellectual Property association (EPIP) Conference. It will be held in Berlin, Germany, September 5th to 7th, 2018 with a special attention on IP in a data-driven economy: New challenges for law, economics and social sciences.
Submission deadline: March 31st, 2018.
Notification of acceptance: May 10th, 2018.
Prizes will be awarded to the Best Full Paper submitted and to the Young Scholar’s Best Paper. Reduced fees will be available for PhD students.
To find out more, see the full call for papers.
Scholars from all disciplines and practitioners interested in the economic, managerial, legal and political aspects of intellectual property rights are all encouraged to submit and/or to attend.
The conference is organised jointly with the Berlin based Weizenbaum Institute for the networked Society – The German Internet Institute. Topics to be included:
· IP protection for big data: incentives or access barriers?
· Competition on data markets/access to data: rights and remedies
· Contracts on personal and big data: conditions and limits of a market model
· Technical safeguards for data sovereignty
In addition, the submission of papers on all IP- related topics is invited, including (but not exclusively):
· IP and innovation
· IP and firm strategy
· IP and competition policy
· IP and its role on the market for technology · Standards and patent pools
· Inventor mobility and knowledge flows
· International trade agreements and IP
· Open access and IP in science
· Functioning of IP systems
· Gender and IP
All forms of IP are relevant, whether Patents, Copyright, Trade Marks, Plant Breeders’ Rights, Geographical Indications, Design Rights, Trade Secrets or others.
Full Papers and Extended Abstracts can be submitted via the online submission system http://epip2018.org/index.php/submissions/. (Preference will be given to full papers, however.) All submissions will be peer-reviewed.