Tuesday June 17th – Wednesday June 18th, 2014
University of Nottingham
As the RCUK centre for copyright and new business models in the creative economy, CREATe entails engagement between a broad range of disciplines. In particular, the Te in CREATe stands for Technology and so we invite you to participate in the second CREATe Researchers Conference and Capacity Building Event. The aims of this event are:
- To share results from projects whose focus relates in some way to digital technology and the Internet.
- To facilitate networking across CREATe projects.
- To assess possible needs for specific future training.
Specific topics that are of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Potential technical implications for upcoming legislation
- Ethical ramifications of near- or medium-term technology developments
- Studies of use, acceptance or understanding of technology by creatives
- Surveys of the shortcomings of technology when applied in creative contexts
- Examples of copyright infringement engendered by default technology behaviour
- Big Data and creativity
- Datamining and social media: methods, ethics, legal implications
- IP and the new digital arts
- Social networking and creativity
To build a programme for this event we are seeking submission, by May 23rd, of 300 word abstracts describing the project in question; its motivation; how it relates to CREATe; and either the novel technology it proposes, the novel uses to which it has put technology, or the impact it may have on current or future technologies and their use. Selected abstracts will present their work at the event, and will be required to write a 1000 word article on the topic for the CREATe blog.
We also welcome proposals for presentation of relevant work that includes a demonstration element. Any such should indicate briefly any technical requirements the associated demonstration will have.
To submit an abstract, or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.