The CREATe Governance Board comprises the following eight members:
- Prof Steve Beaumont, University of Glasgow (chair);
- Prof David Littlejohn, Strathclyde University (consortium representative);
- Prof Jane Powell, Goldsmiths (consortium representative);
- Jim Killock, Executive Director of the Open Rights Group;
- Dr Darryl Mead, Deputy National Librarian, National Library of Scotland;
- Frank Boyd, Director of the Creative Industries KTN;
- Prof Rick Rylance, AHRC;
- Prof Rachel Cooper, Lancaster University (funders’ nominee).
The Governance Board has overall responsibility for ensuring that the Project remains on track to achieve its aims and objectives and it achieves this by reviewing progress, making recommendations based on the information presented to it and by providing strategic guidance and direction for the Project.
The Governance Board is chaired by Steve Beaumont, the Vice Principal for Research & Enterprise at Glasgow and comprises of two senior representatives chosen from the Consortium partners, three representatives chosen from amongst the Project’s industry, public arts and civil society champions and two representatives appointed by the Funder.